Our network of industry experts provide you with the information and resources you need to excel in your career and create an optimum workplace for your staff.
Facts You Might Not Know About Women Entrepreneurs
- 0 Comments
More and more women are taking the plunge and starting their own business. Women will create over half of the 9.72 million new small business jobs expected to be created by 2018. So what are some facts about these women entrepreneurs that make them such a special group?
- The age women are most likely to start a business? Between 35 and 44.
- Women entrepreneurs are happier! Women with established businesses ranked their happiness nearly three times as high as women who are not entrepreneurs.
- They aren’t typical: They are not motivated by the “typical trifecta” of money, power, and status.
- They are juggling pros: 58 percent of women considered multitasking to be a strength, versus only 40 percent of men.
- They make their business AND their family number one, but still make sacrifices: Women are more likely to sacrifice time for themselves and their social lives for their businesses.
- Yet, men and women entrepreneurs aren’t too different: Both men and women said “not spending enough time with my loved ones” was their top regret.
Want to become an entrepreneur, but are unsure of how to make it work? Or are you an entrepreneur wanting more work-life satisfaction? Read more on our blog.