Attracting and retaining talent are keys to business success. Employees who fit with your company culture and excel in their jobs are likely to remain long-term.
In a tight labor market, the best talent is in high demand. This increases competition for the most qualified candidates.
As a result, employers can benefit from partnering with a staffing agency or recruiting firm. However, finding the right one can be overwhelming. The increasing number of options requires a method to narrow down which agency or firm best fits your hiring needs and company culture.
Implement these tips to determine which staffing agency or recruiting firm may be right for your business.
Consider Your Hiring Objectives
Determine what your business needs are priorities are. This information is necessary for your initial conversations with prospective staffing agencies or recruiting firms. It helps establish which agency or firm may be the best fit.
Consider the following issues:
- Do you want a short- or long-term partnership? You may need a small number of specific positions filled. Or, you might need a variable number of roles filled into the future.
- Do you need the entire hiring process managed, or just certain parts of it? This may include sourcing, interviewing, screening, or skills testing.
- What are your company’s mission, vision, and core values? Your culture and desired candidate traits impact the candidates you are matched with.
Look for Industry Experience
The staffing agency or recruiting firm should have expertise in your industry. This helps them understand your business operations, current market conditions, and the main challenges and opportunities in your field.
Focus on the Agency’s or Firm’s Track Record
Find out how long each staffing agency or recruiting firm has been in business. Determine the types of companies they work with, their areas of expertise, and their online reputation.
Next, ask your chosen agencies or firms for references. Contact these clients to talk about their experience and the agency’s or firm’s performance. This provides insight into the level of suitability and type of experience you may receive.
Then, set up a meeting to gain more details about an agency’s or firm’s business practices. Focus on transparency in the following details:
- The size of the talent pool
- How candidates are sourced
- How social media sites, job boards, and other online platforms are leveraged
- How talent is screened
- The technologies used for hiring
- The fees and pricing structure
- The metrics used to determine success
- How candidate pools are managed
- The strategy for managing an unsuccessful placement
Meet with a Recruiter
Invite a recruiter from the staffing agency or recruiting firm to meet at your workplace. This helps them understand your company’s culture. It also shows whether the agency or firm is easily reached, able to adapt to your needs, and makes time for in-person conversations.
Include Corps Team in Your Search
Corps Team welcomes the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your hiring needs. Learn more today.