Allison O’Kelly is the Founder and CEO of Corps Team and a talent acquisition expert who partners with CEOs, executives and hiring managers to recruit exceptional talent into their organizations. Allison has grown her business from an idea to a search and staffing firm that has placed thousands of professionals in companies nationwide.
Prior to Corps Team / Mom Corps, Allison was a CPA with KPMG in Atlanta, and was in a Leadership development program with Toys R Us where she served in various roles including launching the original Babiesrus.com site, Store Director of an $11 million Toys “R” Us Store, and multi-unit store management.
Allison has been recognized in the news media (TODAY Show, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Forbes) and awarded on a national level (EY Winning Women, Working Mother, Inc. 500, Conference Board). Corps Team was named a Top 20 Woman-Owned Business in the Atlanta Business Chronicle in 2019.
Allison’s current nonprofit boards include the Alliance Theater, Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta, Galloway School Annual Fund, and UGA Terry College Emeritus Alumni Board. Allison received her MBA from Harvard Business School and her BBA in Accounting from the University of Georgia. Allison is a CPA, licensed in Georgia
Questions/Topics Discussed in this Show
- Tell us about what you are seeing here in Atlanta regarding diversity hiring?
- Is it increasing significantly?
- What are some of the businesses where you are seeing more diversity hiring? Can you cite an example?
- What positions are you seeing an uptick in diversity hiring?
- Do you have any tips for those who will be applying for these jobs?
- Tips for your clients who are trying to include more diversity among their ranks?
- What are some goals for companies to keep in mind before they begin this process? What should they think about?
- How does diversity hiring change the way you conduct advertising?
- How if at all has the pandemic affected hiring in general, but in regards to diversity hiring?
- How should diverse candidates approach this new hiring process?
North Fulton Business Radio” is hosted by John Ray and produced virtually from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® in Alpharetta. You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show can be found on all the major podcast apps by searching “North Fulton Business Radio.”