Empowering women in the workplace helps females gain more control over their careers. Investing in mentoring, training, equality programs, and promotions to senior roles supports women’s career growth.
Employers who empower women in the workplace experience stronger employee engagement, performance, and productivity. The result is greater job satisfaction, employee morale, and attraction and retention rates.
Implement these tips to empower women in the workplace.
Amplify the Female Voice
Prioritize methods to let female voices be heard:
- Credit female employees for their innovative ideas.
- Encourage all employees to network with senior management.
- Provide internal and external speaking opportunities for female employees.
- Invite inspirational women to speak at the office and encourage all employees to attend.
Prioritize Pay Equity
Regularly conduct pay equity audits to ensure all employees are being paid fairly according to their roles, skills, and experience. Ensure any pay discrepancies are quickly resolved. Providing equal pay for equal work shows that women are valued within your organization.
Offer Parental Leave
Provide adequate time off for employees who choose to become parents. Also, remind women who want to come back to work that their job duties and responsibilities will be covered until they return.
Create Goals for Gender Diversity
Focus on elevating the number of females in your organization, especially in senior roles:
- Determine where your company is at with gender diversity.
- Send out employee surveys to gather ideas on how to attract and retain more females in your workforce.
- Organize focus groups to discuss methods to elevate gender diversity within your company.
- Use the feedback to develop specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound (SMART) goals to bring additional females into all levels of your organization.
- Encourage all employees to support these gender diversity goals.
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure progress in reaching these goals.
Promote Women to Leadership Roles
Provide the training, resources, and support needed for women to advance to executive roles:
- Encourage women to pursue opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Invest in women developing their knowledge and skills to reach their potential.
- Actively work with women to set and achieve their career goals.
- Have ongoing conversations about advancement opportunities and the criteria to secure them.
- Ensure high-achieving women are included in succession planning.
Do You Need Help with Diversity Hiring?
Work with Corps Team to add more women to your workforce. Start the process today.